Roof Types for Your Albany HOme
Your roof does a lot for your Albany home. It keeps you warm or cool and it keeps you protected from the elements. It also can add to the looks of your home. There are many types of roofing that can be discussed and we will attempt to go over a few of them.
Roof Types in Albany
- Metal Roofing - There are so many advantages for home owners in regards to metal roofing. It is no surprise that metal roofs have become more popular over the years. One of these benefits is that a metal roof can help keep your New York home cooler at night even during the hot summer season, allowing you to save electric bills on air conditioning use.[read more]
- Tile Roofing - Similar to the advantages of metal, tile roofing in Albany also has a long life expectancy as well as economic benefits. Constructed from clay, tile roofing allows the home owner to choose between many different options, with colors and designs ranging from a traditional mission style to tiles that look like natural wood or slate. [read more]
- Asphalt Composition Shingles - The most common type of roofing on homes today is the composite shingles. Not only are these roofing shingles cost efficient, but they also come in several design and color options, as well as weather resistance and energy efficient options. [read more]
- Slate Roofing - Many slate roofs in Albany can last up to a century or even longer. This makes the need for a roofing replacement almost obsolete. Slate roofs offer other benefits that include a unique texture and color pattern, resistance to harsh weather, as well as lowering energy costs. [read more]
- Flat Roofing - Flat roofs, often referred to as built-up roofs (BUR), are one of the most economical roofing systems available. However, this type of roof may not be suitable for all homes. [read more]